Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Last Day of Observation

Wednesday was my last day of observation at the junior high school. The class celebrated by taking their unit test over Africa. Students were allowed to use their study guides and maps that they worked on in class. They first had to identify various countries in Africa and then they answer questions about the countries. While the students were working on their tests, I went around and answered student’s questions. Unfortunately, I had a hard time answering most of the questions that students asked. This was because most of the students had questions about what the questions on the test meant. I tried to answer student’s questions, but when reading the test, I saw that some of the questions were unclear. I felt bad that on my last day of observation I wasn’t able to help the students. I was, however, happy to hear about the progress of one of the students in class over the semester. I had only worked with him a few times in class, but his interest in his schoolwork has increased and he put a lot of time and effort into his study guide that he was using in class. His teacher and I were both really impressed with his improvement over the semester. It was a very good way to end the semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home