Thursday, January 12, 2006

Second Day of Class

Today in class we went over the course's syllabus and discussed the projects and expectations we will have. I was a little overwhelmed by everything because this course seems to involve a lot of hard work, but I think that most of it will be fun because I will be doing something that I enjoy. I am, however, a little imtimidated by the amount of reading scheduled and the expectations for the course. I understand why these high expectations have been set and feel that in order to become a successful teacher in the next four years, I must work hard and exceed in this course, as well as the others to follow. I understand that teaching involves a great deal of work, and I think that through this course, as well as observation hours, I will have a small idea of it. Many of the projects that we discussed in class sound very interesting. I'm very excited to start working on the student portrait. I looked through the discussion starters and portrait resources earlier today and I think that many of the exercises will help me to better understand my student. I think that this assignment is a wonderful idea because while I will be observing the classroom from a teacher's perspective, I will also have the opportunity to see the classroom from the student's perspective. Today's class was a little intimidating, but I am really looking forward to all of the important information I will be learning this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home